Welcome to the Library. How can we serve you?
Libraries are more than just books. Libraries provide a venue for group meetings, self-improvement classes and materials, study spaces, craft classes, homework help, youth reading development, outreach to nursing homes and daycares, online services and more. Libraries also provide access to technology to ensure all patrons have the ability to live efficiently in the digital age.
Some libraries have digital media labs, workshops or kitchens. Other libraries have telescopes and musical instruments available for checkout. The possibilities are endless, but what does the City of West Fargo need?
In 2020, the West Fargo Public Library started a process to help define the future of the library. The end goal of this process is to create a vision for the library that ensures our services meet the needs of the growing West Fargo community. At the end of this process, you will have access to a library with programs and services you helped shape by sharing information about what is important to you.
Community input is an important part of the planning process. We want to hear from you! This fall, we are conducting interviews and hosting small-scale public input events. This winter, we will conduct a community survey. The thoughts and ideas received through these different channels will help us understand your needs.
Upcoming public input opportunities:
Library Tricks & Treats at Tintes Park
- 1 - 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct 31
- Tintes Park (131 Sixth Ave. E, West Fargo)
- Designed for West Fargo families, but open to the public
- The West Fargo Public Library will be handing out Halloween activity kits, candy and other goodies. Attendees will have the opportunity to provide input through short, casual interviews. Social distancing and masks (and costumes!) will be encouraged during this event.
Welcome to West Fargo Virtual Open House Q & A Panel
- 1 - 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 15
- Live via Zoom (Register here to receive the Zoom link)
- Designed for new West Fargo residents or those who have moved to the community in the last few years, but open to the public
- Learn about City of West Fargo services and get your questions answered about our growing community. During the open house, attendees will have the opportunity to provide input about library services to be entered to win prizes from local businesses.